Job searching: The golden 50
a list of 50 individuals and their contact information that have
the potential of hiring you based on:
1. Geographic locations/regions you wish to work in
2. Topics you are passionate about e.g. technology, sports, fashion, health, helping others etc.
Type of designing you enjoy most –
find most challenging e.g. web & social media design, advertising, public
relations, branding, publication design, exhibit design, promotional design,
video production, etc.
list sources: http://www.mudesign.net/portfolio/gd_jobs.html
1. Professional directories e.g.: publishers, ad agencies, PR firms, corporate communication, institutions – hospitals, universities etc. For example http://www.mediabistro.com
2. Trade and professional associations
3. Job boards: Local AIGA, Ad Club, etc. For example AIGA job board and sites like Authentic Jobs, Behance, Design Observer, or Krop– Job board search topics: graphic design(er), communication design(er), Media communications, web design(er), electronic publishing, etc.
Networking – classmates, friends,
family, associates and strangers
each prospective individual on a regular bases that can potentially hire you. Stand out creatively,
empathetically, insightfully – do your
4. Suggested reading: http://www.aiga.org/guide-findfirstjob/